2013年8月24日星期六

Wonderful encounter

Woke up at 5 a.m. thanks to mosque prayers blaring through loud speakers. Tried to get back to sleep but couldn't. Only option left was to gulp down coffee to refresh the mind.
More male participants than female ones. Met some girls and became friends. Then straightly walked into exam hall to die.
Reading section no problem. Maybe can get full marks.
Listening section got problems at first. Made errors because I used the wrong method. REMEMBER, if you're taking TOEFL, don't focus on making notes when you do listening. You'll regret it.
Luckily I recovered fast and positioned myself correctly for the remaining questions.
Speaking? Considered excellent coz I only prepared for one week ++. Found extra practice questions when exam date was near. LESSON: guide book doesn't give you much help. Go check out Chinese websites for really useful materials. I spotted half of the questions in speaking section(but still stuttering a bit when responding? not good lo~)...
Writing is as easy as reading. Both are my advantages. Did exceptionally well for summary part, examiner must give me full marks.

Today is 弟弟的生日!Happy birthday but I have no gift for you~ will pay you back next year maybe~
Virgo is caring and meticulous~虽然我喜欢黑处女座,但他们人其实很好~
Everyone send him wishes okay? LOL my cute little brother ^.^

-----------------------
After exam, waited for like one hour coz dad was at the car garage. Had a nice lunch and walked around looking at handsome guys(lol, just kidding). Hunting for bookstores. Found one rental bookstore. Owner is so warm and friendly. People call him Uncle Sam. Nice and clean bookstore, but consisted mostly of fiction.
I don't read much fiction nowadays. In recent years, the only fiction I read is "A Thousand Splendid Suns". Man, Khaled Hosseini is awesome, you guys gotta read his book. He published a new book recently.
So, I was initially not excited at the idea of renting books, as I always collect and buy the books I love.
But then I found one book by Henry Kissinger, and it is so very rare( I think so.). You won't want to buy and store it (hardcover RM50++), so I rented it from the bookstore.
Chatted with Uncle Sam afterwards. A scholarly man. Inspired me with interesting stories of his friends.
He said that everything happens to us for a reason. Just let the events flow instead of furiously chasing after something. For example, I encountered him out of luck. If I didn't choose to walk around and just sat at the ELS centre to rot, then I wouldn't have met him.
Somehow I think that I am constantly pushing myself to find new opportunities. Well, you have to create the chance, but don't overdo it.

today good mood, act cute~
连卖萌都这么失败
我太严肃了

没有评论:

发表评论