2013年7月9日星期二

Second lesson with Morrie

I have read this book for the umpteenth time. The first time I derived a lot from it, but I was foolish back then, and I don't think I actually put any of those teachings into use.
Although it's not my second time reading "Tuesdays with Morrie", I feel that this is the second time, because I understood something more, something newer than last time. Funny how the contents don't change but you feel it did. Because your perspective changed.

Well, it isn't strange that I found some ideas of Morrie similar to what I think, as we both read Erich Fromm.
Fromm wrote books with a scholarly attitude, and I must admit you'd find it boring if you don't have the will to get the knowledge.

The first time, I have learnt forgiving the others. And myself.
You also have to indulge in negative feelings in order to overcome them. This was what I read later in psychology books. Morrie had made it clear in his book before.

This time I think it's wise to look past pride and vanity. Sometimes people disappoint you, but that doesn't mean you have to act aloof to show them you're pissed off. It's detrimental for both you and him/her, because the person would be worrying and feeling sorry( which is an intended result?),  while you don't feel that superior either. You might, in the beginning, but later on you will find it hard to mend the relationship.
Of course, if people don't care about you much, it's stupid to keep pestering them( I'm not pestering though). If you don't have the rapport, then why make it tough for both sides just to communicate when you do it reluctantly?
Try to reflect on yourself too. Maybe something in you changed that made them turn away. ( Personally I think a true friend would advice you instead of letting you go)
If you act aloof but you don't even upset the person then you are more than a loser. Laugh.
We have our own life. If you aren't getting responses from someone, then forget it. Move on. You'll be getting new friends anyway.
It's not cold-hearted. Sometimes people made us do so. It's kinda sad.
And, if they eventually come back to make peace, don't turn them down. A friend is better than an enemy. But maybe we're not putting trust in them anymore.

The conclusion is, don't bear ill feelings towards others. When years pass, and we both know time heals and death equalizes, you would probably be looking at the past with a different attitude. Nothing would matter then, so why burden yourself so much now?

没有评论:

发表评论