2014年1月16日星期四

Classes running smoothly

2014 isn't going to be a bad year.
Regardless of the seemingly negative fengshui and horoscope predictions, my life is going on perfectly well. Screw those crap la.
Philosophy class no lecturer. Dunno if she's stuck in some other country having vacation or what, but this week will end without her greeting us.
Viewed all the course outlines just before my very first class which was on yesterday, and I find myself loathing the PHIL 101 course.
I have hoped that we could learn more about contemporary philosophers or existentialism (love it), but the lecturer seems obsessed with pre-historic philosophers and Socrates.
I don't have an idea what 'pre-historic' philosophers actually mean, but it's not sounding right.
Cavemen???

IR class was better a lot more. I know that it's considered a suicidal course and a lot of students dropped the subject after the intro week (scared to hell by the term papers and the ingenious quiz format). My seniors brainwashed me to not sacrifice my grades by taking IR but I was quite determined to take it.
So in my introduction, I let Mr Tarosh knew that I took related online course before. A really dumb thing to do because I have raised his expectations.
I didn't remember anything about the course okay? Maybe realism and stuff like that, and also Woodrow Wilson with his liberalism and peace-loving plans of founding League of Nations, which U.S. refrained from joining ironically.
Haha. It will be an interesting course with LOTS OF DEBATES.
*there's a quite clever boy that kept on lamenting on the suicidal aspect of the course and I was pissed off because he wouldn't fail. The only reason he blabbered is because he's worried he couldn't get a 4.0 WTH (the girl sitting next to him was trying to use cool words such as "Japan and the shit they've done in WW2" to impress the lecturer...)

Calculus was still okay but I don't get why those science students (esp engineering student who took A levels before) cannot understand the lecturer's explanations. I was hoping for someone to lean on for the entire course but then it seems like everyone's going to drown. Fine I'll just eat myself.

Looks like I have written quite a nice piece on my courses here.
Yeah and the good news is, while taking showers this morning, I got the sudden inspiration of what to write for BOTH my applications.

What a damn nice day.

没有评论:

发表评论