2014年1月13日星期一

The geek

I felt in awe of the variety of books in the library. If I stick to my plan of reading like, three books per week? I might still not be able to finish everything on my to-read list.
It is a day of hunting books, and I do not know if the undergraduate students have class or not because the whole campus is so quiet. Although I sometimes do hate the noisemakers in the library, but it is eerie when there is an absence of human beings.
If my books weren't due I would not be coming back to campus just to visit the library.
But I really miss my on-campus days, so I am glad that classes are starting in a few days' time.
It is only 9am when I glanced at my phone a while ago. Feeling so rich when time passes by slowly. I guess it's because I came to campus early.

When one is in the library, one might have the feeling of superiority over other friends which are loitering or having some fun outside at the same time. However, being around library too much will kind of define you as a geek, which is the opposite of cool kid.
Since when did people start to look down on the possession of knowledge and value meaningless fun more? This culture will eventually push those that are unsure enough to go to the 'cool' side.
Being a geek is fun too, if that is what you enjoy the most.
If you are truly abnormally good in academics, then nobody will look at you as a geek because you are way too brilliant at something which they can never achieve. They might revere you as a, well, prominent and honored geek? (Like the way you see the professor?)

Although being an authentic geek is not-mainstream, an authentic geek will still think that the geek population is kind of large. Maybe geeks only made up 20% of the entire population, but you still feel that they are the majority of humankind when you are in the library.
Too few geeks makes a geek feel lonely and sad, but too many geeks also makes a geek feels uncomfortable.
The geek syndrome?

I don't know what I am blabbering about, but I am definitely feeling lonely because there are too few geeks around me right now.
Sitting in the computer room, typing words in light speed under only one illuminating fluorescent light, it feels like the whole world is sleeping and I am the only one strange enough to be writing crap on my blog.
Wake up and read up, humans.

没有评论:

发表评论