2012年1月27日星期五

Battle Hymn in a Torrential World

"Battle Hymn of The Tiger Mother" is a nice book. Critics had no room for praises and I admit I was once influenced by their opinions. Plus the papers always publish comments that are quite extreme and subjective so that they could provoke controversies. Yeah, just consider them as 'media' for that is what they are being called for.
Dear Amy is sharing her experiences of raising two kids with different personalities(I mean the kids<-dumb clarification). Some people might think she is just showing off her results in raising her children the' Chinese way', but she didn't succeed in every challenge. No one was born to be a perfect parent, but we can learn. One thing I agree with her is that American parents have no expectations for their kids. Pushing your kid and letting them know how high they could reach is a gift for the young, actually. How many children would work harder under praises? Most of them would just grow lazy and take everything for granted. More than that, they become arrogant.
Still, I hope I don't get a child as stubborn as the author's youngest kid. I prefer a little one that is willing to listen to me, especially when I am reading him( sorry, I wanted a son) stories. Um, not bedtime stories, but literature classics.
I am the next tiger mother.

没有评论:

发表评论